The American Friends Service Committee is a Religious Society of Friends founded organization working for peace and social justice in the United States and around the world. AFSC was founded in 1917 as a combined effort by American members of the Religious Society of Friends to assist civilian victims of World War I.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle cash and check payments at the office.
- Ensure that all entries are properly documented, and all transactions are backed up with complete required documentation that is properly dated and signed.
- Maintain bank and cash transaction journal book daily.
- Prepare check request vouchers and payment vouchers ensuring that all supporting documents are completed before payment.
- Prepare and send weekly and monthly plans of cash requirement
- Responsible for custody of cash in the office and cash disbursements.
- Ensures that backup documentation for cash disbursements is duly approved and on file prior to making cash payments.